A viewer recently said they ran across a comparison of Cytowave versus another product and wanted to know if this was accurate. Or another way to put it, they wanted to give us a chance to defend our technology.
Our responses are in blue.
1. The EquiPulse PEMF will penetrate up to 16 inches. The CytoWave’s penetration is nominal 2 inches or less.
a. This is incorrect! Cytowave being a more advance technology uses a formula of energy waves that targets and has more than one effect on more than one tissue type. Some tissues are more responsive to these varying waveforms. So penetration for some tissue can be well over 10 inches for maintenance response. For therapy Cytowave uses a polarity of +/- coils. For therapy optimal spacing is suggested about 3"-5".
2. The percussive contractions EquiPulse creates, instantly accelerates the benefits of vaso-dilation in a manner not possible with CytoWave. The percussive muscular contractions not only creates the mechanical pumping action to increase localized blood flow but also breaks up adhesion and scarring deep in bundles of muscle fibers in the affected/treated tissue(s). This is the same reason people experience spectacular results after one treatment.
a. Cytowave is based on conductive flow therapy. It is well known that the energy levels it takes to create large muscles to contract to a magnetic pulse is unsafe. Nerve and tissue damage can be created with exposure to high energy therapy. Cytowave is considered low energy therapy, research is showing that more power doesn't always me more results with energy wave therapies. The advancements with radiation therapy is proof of that.
b. Cytowave suggests for controlling blood flow safer forms of therapy like ice and heat be used to manage this. Misusing energy wave therapy is not recommended.
c. As well proper rehabilitation along with maintenance use of Cytowave should produce lasting healing then shockwave therapy can. High powered magnetic therapy will produce shockwave therapy like results in tissue. Shockwave therapy is not intendent to heal tissue. It is a tool used to remodel tissue, this process must be carefully management during the rehabilitation process.
3. Cell permeability, production of Nitric Oxide, increases in cell metabolism and reduction of inflammation are massive in specific areas treated with the EquiPulse, because of the deep penetration.
a. The energy waveform that is believed to trigger this response in found in Cytowave's carry waveforms. Cytowave therapy has proven very effect in managing deep tissue inflammation in acute and chronic injuries. However, Cytowave has created a formula of these known waveforms with SQUID waveforms. It is believed these natural forming energy waveforms help the reaction that the carry waves are known to produce in living tissue. No other energy wave system on the market today supports SQUID derived living tissue waveforms. Research into understanding these blends of waveforms is ongoing.
4. Delivery Loops: The EquiPulse's magnetic delivery loops are highly adaptable, flexible and way less prone to breakage. The Hoof Pro is the only Multi-Powered PEMF System capable of sending a PEMF signal directly into and through the Frog. No other electro-therapy device has been successfully designed to treat from under the hoof and to penetrate that deeply, including CytoWave.
a. Cytowave's system consists of opposing coils that create a high level of conductive energy flow through the target area. Cytowave system can be used as well in a parallel configuration like most other energy waveform systems operate with. However, controlling the positioning of even a parallel coil configuration is suggested. This is why Cytowave systems supports applicators with its coil system.
5. Online sources report 30 minute CytoWave treatments. But CytoWave does not offer any specific treatment protocols other than “Carefully attach the CW leg wrap on this way or that way”…same with its other treatment applicators.
a. Cytowave offers two levels of therapy with the system. 30 minute treatments target maintenance and 60 minute treatments offer therapy level treatments. Cytowave does offer a suggestive protocols for acute ligament injuries. However, Cytowave is well aware of the dynamics for a case suffering from an acute injury. That is why Cytowave works closely with veterinarians and rehabilitations centers to closely suggest case by case protocols. Cytowave is aware that to be part of the solution you have to be part of the overall process in successful healing.
6. CytoWave: “This proprietary electromagnetic treatment method is not PEMF and should not be confused with this older technology” see: http://www.cytowave.com/how-cytowave-works.html - Magnus Magnetica PEMF is not a "older technology". Our multi-powered / multi-frequency PEMF is ancrucial and emerging technology in the field of regenerative medicine during the last 10 years . It continues to be adopted because of its unparalleledability to quickly address muscleo-skeletal issues on humans, equine and small animals.
a. PEMF has evolved from RF therapy research. This form of energy waveform therapy can be classified as low energy and high energy. For human use high energy is for the most part band for use in the EU. Use of low energy is allowed however gauss is limited to very low levels. Within the US the FDA is actively working on defining similar classifications that is currently used for Ultrasound devices. Once these new guidelines are set, it is likely access to high energy and some forms of even low energy devices will be restricted for public use. Cytowave is working with some parties to review and ensure power limit definitions fall within known studies for safety and effectiveness. As more advanced research is done with these forms of energy wave therapy, the older technologies will become obsolete.